Fanalistas boasts a Community unlike any other on the Web. Our members represent a diverse and dynamic group of passionate sports fans who treat Fanalistas as a place to engage with entertaining sports content while working with others to build a community around their love for sport. They cultivate that sense of Community through debate with one another in a thoughtful and analytical manner.
- Write thoughtful, analytical articles about your favourite sports, teams, and players
- Read any and all articles on the network
- Use comment threads to show your support for the writer, or offer a rebuttal to the argument he or she presents (please note that a rebuttal is different from a personal attack)
- Post links in comment threads that are relevant to the topic at hand
- Stay in touch with other members by posting shout-outs on their bulletin boards
- Be respectful, courteous, and supportive of your fellow Fanalistas members at all times
- Cheer Articles
- Share Fanalistas content with your friends via Facebook and Twitter
Your account may be immediately suspended or cancelled if it is determined beyond a reasonable doubt that you have done any of the following on Fanalistas:
- Harassment of others, including, but not limited to:
- Intentionally annoying or trolling a member and/or fanbase
- Ganging up on a member (or members) of the Community
- Impeding upon the positive Fanalistas experience of others
- Resorting to personal attacks, especially when a member disagrees with an opinion or perspective. You are allowed to disagree with the opinions of others—and they with yours—but the way in which you express your disagreement must be civil and respectful
- Making other members feel unwelcome by using racial, ethnic, gender, sexual slurs and/or stereotypes
- Threatening violence of any kind
- Use of profanity or other inappropriate language
- Posting inappropriate comments of any kind
- Misuse of network, including, but not limited to:
- Impersonating someone else or making any other false representation
- Using Fanalistas for commercial use without permission
- Representing yourself as an agent of Fanalistas to obtain credentials without express permission from Fanalistas staff
- Uploading photos or other multimedia content onto Fanalistas that are pornographic, copyrighted, and/or illegal in nature
- Violating any of Fanalistas' Content Standards
What to do if you see Misconduct on the Network:
- If someone posts an offensive comment, note the permalink for that comment and ignore it. Email the permalink to email@example.com and staff will review the comment in a timely manner and take appropriate action.
- If you see an offensive article, or anything you feel violates our Content Standards, please copy the URL of that article and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org together with a short explanation of why you feel it’s offensive or violates our Content Standards. Staff will review the content in a timely manner and take appropriate action.
What to do if you see brilliance on Fanalistas:
- “Like” it via Facebook
- Cheer it
- Tweet it
Social media offers today's writers an opportunity to maximise exposure by reaching a broad and diverse audience. Fanalistas highly encourages you to engage with social media, especially Twitter, to get as many eyes on your work as possible.
We truly appreciate your participation in the Fanalistas Community, because it is your involvement and various contributions that define it. The Community is all about meeting other fans like you, interacting in exciting ways and having fun!